(*side note: add captain crunch to almost anything and the captain makes it yummy)
This recipe was developed one morning when I was rummaging through my pantry desperately trying to find something to cook (sometimes wish I was a better planner). Very Simple & very yummy!
- 1 – 2 pound package of frozen hash brown potatoes (if they are frozen, they need to be thawed)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed captain crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray and place mixture in a casserole dish.
- Mix crushed captain crunch and 1/2 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.